Recent Comments

Going Home To Guinayangan (without worrying about the airfare)



I know that some of you know Google Earth. But one thing was sure, you have no luck on finding our town. It seems Google were not taking much satellite pass to a less populated town, its blurry and cloudy, nothing but crumpled of clouds. But finally, Last week I checked the coordinate of 13 ⁰ 53’ 57 North 122 ⁰ 27’ 06.43” East. (Sorry its a bit technical!. But simply it’s the latitude and longitude reading of our town. Many of you, like those people who live in US, most of their cars has GPSs and for sure they know what GPS coordinate is ) And Voila!! It’s our town.
I was waiting for this moment for almost 5 years now actually. Eagerness had come to me just after my father’s interment. Wishing I’ll be seeing his grave in times of melancholy and feeling nostalgic about our town. You can actually put pin of location to certain place as if you're flying. Anyway, just my wish of sharing these things to you guys. I know some of you already knew this and makes my idea a bit old. But for the other who wishes to come home but couldn’t! Now it’s the time.
You can download Google earth here http://earth.google.com/download-earth.html and then fly to the coordinate I gave you ( 13 ⁰ 53’ 57 North 122 ⁰ 27’ 06.43” East).
Just by zooming out of our town and tracking to where you are now. It’s a fulfillment you must appreciate and realize how lucky you are. It’s a journey you were all deserved to have. Thousand miles from Guinayangan, is quite a ride isn’t it. It’s amazing how Google put all this things up. How many satellites do Google contracted for the transponders to lay these things up for free?. Amazing!. I had appreciated it more, when I saw our town.
At the skirt the “palaisdaan” and “aplaya”. Where, I spent most of my childhood. It just brought me to tears seeing them in a view that I have never been witness. Now I know where my father niche is. And I will have no trouble finding it again this November 1. You can actually zoom up to a relative height where you can actually recognized the street. I’ve heard that in some country, you can actually saw their barbecue grills at their rooftop. I Hope our town reaches that popularity and Google will polish our grid to a recognizable view . Great!!! Things are great!!

-Cornelio Cenizal

Repost From simpleoddmind.wordpress.com
Aerial Map Courtesy of Google Earth

About me

More videos from Guinayangan here on
GR Tv ON YOUTUBE
Related Posts with Thumbnails