Recent Comments

Reniel Yruma's 2009 Guinayangan Town Fiesta


At-last after 3 years, I experience our very own town fiesta again "The Gayang Festival" :-) The last time I'm home for that event is year 2005. It was really a different feeling when your there witnessing the fun, reminiscing to old days, meeting up with old friends, seeing your family and off-course watching the main event "Street Dancing".

What I did on the 21st of June?

at 9am I have been invited by my pretty girlfriends (oh, FRIENDS), Angiline and Apple (Both our my classmates from Elem. to Hi-School) in "Maulawin Resort" and there we have sometimes having fun swimming... what to expect with Angie, haha she's haven't changed (yet she's sexy now! lol), she's still the "sandara park -alike". i used to know. by 11am we decided to go home as we are about to watch the Street Dancing by 1pm.

1 PM onwards,
i went to GES, the event place for the Street Dancing Competition, there i accompanied my Mom who is a teacher there and my Ninang, who is managing the GES entry for the SD Competition, Ive also seen my cousin who i haven't seen for almost a year or two; Kuya E-i, he's helping ninang with the props. My little sister is there as one of the dancer. haha,

Nice thing that happened, is that i have been reunited with my barkada's in High School, Benson, Charisse and my Bestfriend Conga. haha, that was nonstop chitchatting! Charisse is still the charming girl, benson is still a serious person yet funny! and conga, he is the rich's among us, he's managing now their own bus transportation company (tama ba?). haha that was fun.


When the program starts, Ninang ask for a favor, and there id become the photographer! haha, that was quite a experience. After the street exhibitions, the actual dancing exhibition has come, GES is crowded by hundreds of guinayanganin to witness the event. One Thing Ive noticed, it seemed that every year the festival theme is somehow changing. I remember that the very 1st Street Dancing Competition theme is about "Sea Foods", then the next year it was change to "Gayang- Palm Tree / Niyog which is Guinayanganin main source of income" then now "Corn / Mais has been added in the theme. lol



Okay, regards the competition, they all cool, each entries has different style., Ive been excited for GES' entry-well, you see, my ninang, tister Vincent and Titser Mark had give thier best idea's to make their entry worth watching and off-course Im excited with GNHS' entry aswell, there is where i graduated and i know how Ms. Peñamayor guided her dancers there, Ive also been part of the past GNHS entry for the event, although I always landed as the props men. lol


With the result, I'm happy that GNHS made it again, after 4 consecutive wins... cant stop but be proud with them, Yet i have get disappointed when GES didn't get the top spot, You can see how good they are, we cant judge the judges. lol


I can say that it was a cool Fiesta, at night there is a Fire Works display and they were beautiful,




after that, I and Angie had went to Jhosan's house for her Lola's burial. there we are also reunited with other friends, Meljohn, Lloyd, Crizalde, Vivien, Jengky, Rio, Marvin, Keneth, Alvin and Charisse again. :-), although its a burial, we get drunk! and last person whos there til morning are Lloyd, Crizalde, Rio, Angeline and Me.. whahahahaha

Can't forget this moments!

Photo Courtesy of Inyi Yruma
Repost from Inyi Yruma's Multiply

About me

More videos from Guinayangan here on
GR Tv ON YOUTUBE
Related Posts with Thumbnails