Recent Comments

The Forsaken Ragay Gulf, Or is it?

In this information age, it’s easy to aspire anything you want to do with your life. You only need a piece of paper, a relatively fast personal computer, the Google and a will to share your thoughts. Then you can be an instant amateur-informative writer. A simple idea spark, and information are all at your dispense. I am very happy writing articles from time to time. My inspiration switch to higher ground whenever I read a relative number of comments from my published anecdotes and informative stories. These fueled me to write more and changed my senseless Saturday to a valuable one.

When I wrote “Ang Parola Sa Atin”, I visited lots of website as my source information. Then there was an article I stumbled upon which makes me astonished. It's about a breakthrough research by an Oil explorer. "Ragay Gulf has a potential source of hydrocarbons which makes up natural gas". I hope my newly found information will not make you disinterested if you had already read such news. For others, lets me share you an informative one.

Perhaps, almost every morning, Guinayanganin and other people living in this southern part of Quezon probably gaze towards its horizon. Never realize the present potentials of Hydrocarbon. At this very moment while we are sipping are coffee, a research drilling on Ragay gulf are taking place. Over 4 years since 2003, numbers of contractors has been passing its interests on Ragay Gulf Service Contract 43(“ SC43”) see link, and recently a company PEARLOIL(Ragay)Ltd, has assumed operatorship of the said contract. Ragay Gulf under our nose has been studied by known Oil Research conglomerates including PNOC(see link). Such research had produced 93 reports,303 maps, charts and related seismic data. As I read the articles (referenced and bibliography citations have links below) more of it were Geological and Seismic data which even my geek mind cannot (most of it) perceive. I only absorbed and probably had grasped are mundane activities and typical layman terms they have written. Apparently, paying attention to my high school and college Chemistry has paid off at least I was diluted most of the info. Contracts that were approved by the government are mostly Geological and Geophysical studies, 3 to 4 drilling of Wells for researches purposes in the span of 4 to 7 years (see link). Positive news were published by Oil and Gas magazine- that Ragay gulf geology has highest percentage of similarity to Palawan and Nido thus making the Gulf having carbonate potential in frontier basin. I’m sorry but the information is mostly jargon. Yours truly hate it making myself a big parrot, saying things that even I have certainly no idea, nevertheless the exact meaning of it. My point is, Guinayangan with its vast numbers of professionals, probably has produced at least one Geologist or Chemists that can enlighten us in layman version of that information written on my links; to make us understand the easiest way to know whether possibilities are really not that remote; or it will benefits all the towns surrounding the Gulf. As of now research still inconclusive but positively on steady progress till 2013.

If God’s will, Guinayangan shall going to have a different life far from what we had in foreseeable future. Think about what manpower and human resource it needs. That its entire technical human resources they require will be source among us Guinayanganin. My once thought about that forsaken gulf altered my true beliefs that things happen for a reason. If really all that maturity of sedimentary deposits in Ragay Gulf is a divine interventions, we (Guinayanganin) are at the dawn of success.

-by Cornelio Cenizal


References:

Linda R. Sternbach,John R. Conolly. “Philippine Ragay Gulf geology similar to Palawan and Nido.” Offshore Magazine, PenWell,August 2000: 1-4.

PNOC Corporation.
PNOC Exploration Corporation (accessed September 24, 2009).

Scandinavian Oil.Gas Magazine. “By Province.” Scandinavian Oil.Gas Magazine. Oct 5, 2007. (accessed September 25, 2009).

Pascual, Redentor D. "Upstream Petroleam Activities In the Philippines." 5th PPM Workshop Sulu Sea-East Palawan Basin Case Study. Cebu City, 2006. 1-6.

About me

More videos from Guinayangan here on
GR Tv ON YOUTUBE
Related Posts with Thumbnails