Recent Comments

Cherry's Memoirs Of Guinayangan


I remember my first trip in this barrio/sitio for the closing program in the Dancalan Elem. School where my aunt taught (on a brief assignment) and where I danced the hula--topless at age 6. He he he.

Fondest memories were waking up to the sound of "tuko" (gecko lizard) and eating my first 2-yolk fried egg.





Wish to see here the Mangrove trees in the old Mambinga beach... How are they, I wonder?







Hmmm, maybe I didn't check out the coconut trees enough near the beach before (sa linang) that's why I didn't know there were lizards this kind.







The commom bubuli or talikakas














Speaking of food, this is where I like their tinuto, or laing in Bicol--dried taro leaves cooked in coco milk w/ dried dilis. And how about the spiciest candingga, or bopis, pig lungs chopped finely and cooked adobo style w/ bell pepper and lots of black pepper and siling labuyo. Labet! Walang diet-diet whenever I go home there for a visit.









Hmmm, this is where you can find the best tasting and freshest seafood--crabs (alimasag), shrimps (swahi, white premium kind), squids, and lots of big fish variety my grandfather use to bring home from the market. They're not the very big or huge kind pleasing to the eyes but the most tasty kind that needs no complicated cooking to bring out the fresh flavor--unmatched in Dampa or anywhere else, I bet. Mainly because Guinyangan is within the Ragay Gulf and not in the open seas like the South China Sea (Cavite area) or the Pacific Ocean side (Lucena, Aurora, Bicol areas). That's why you need to preserve the seas there, guys, or you lose it for the next generation.

Ahh, I miss those growing up days when life was simpler and everyone knows each other in that small and use-to-be sleepy town.

Mabuhay kayong mga Guinayanganin!!




:by Cherry Lomarquez


Repost From Guinayangan Republic's Facebook Photo CommentsPhoto Courtesy of photonoob's and lilspot25's Multiply

About me

More videos from Guinayangan here on
GR Tv ON YOUTUBE
Related Posts with Thumbnails